zsh-users
* zsh-2.6-beta11, problem with key bindings
@ 1995-11-08  4:20 Mikhail Kuperblum
From: Mikhail Kuperblum @ 1995-11-08  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi, folks!

I'm not on your list, but if my message goes through, please note
that key bindings appears to be screwed up in beta11. All control
keys (for example, ^E, ^A) no longer work in command line editing
when in "vi" mode (bindkey -v). When control key is pressed, it
simply gets echoed to the screen. I don't think that this change
in behavior was intentional (at least I hope so).

If there will be any response to this message please, Cc to
mikhail@klm.com. Thanks!

P.S. I've compiled beta11 under SunOS 4.3.1 and SCO OSE 5 and result
     is the same, as described above.

--
mikhail

* Re: zsh-2.6-beta11, problem with key bindings
@ 1995-11-08 11:59 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1995-11-08 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikhail Kuperblum; +Cc: zsh-users

>I'm not on your list, but if my message goes through, please note
>that key bindings appears to be screwed up in beta11. All control
>keys (for example, ^E, ^A) no longer work in command line editing
>when in "vi" mode (bindkey -v). When control key is pressed, it
>simply gets echoed to the screen. I don't think that this change
>in behavior was intentional (at least I hope so).

This is intentional.  In vi, ^E and ^A are not special characters, so
in ZLE they are bound to self-insert.  If you want them to do something
other than the default, you can change their bindings using the bindkey
command.  If you want emacs-style editing, use "bindkey -e".

-zefram