zsh-users
* What are future plans about utf-8?
@ 2003-07-20 14:17 Ilya Kuznecov
From: Ilya Kuznecov @ 2003-07-20 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

As far as I know, now zsh doesn't support utf-8 (or other Unicode
implementations). Anybody works in this global area?

I can be tester (LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 for example).

Sorry in advance if it is offtopic ;-)
--
chumpa, Cybernetic Humanoid Used for Mathematics and Potential Assassination
kuznecov@blok-caf.ru       http://chumpa.izhnet.ru     icq 122393064

* Re: What are future plans about utf-8?
@ 2003-07-23 15:08 ` Vincent Lefevre
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2003-07-23 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 19:17:13 +0500, Ilya Kuznecov wrote:
> As far as I know, now zsh doesn't support utf-8 (or other Unicode
> implementations). Anybody works in this global area?

I'd also be very interested in UTF-8 support.

> I can be tester (LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 for example).

Me too (that would be LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 for me, but I sometimes use
non-ASCII characters in the command line).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des

* Re: What are future plans about utf-8?
@ 2003-07-23 15:24   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2003-07-23 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 19:17:13 +0500, Ilya Kuznecov wrote:
> > As far as I know, now zsh doesn't support utf-8 (or other Unicode
> > implementations). Anybody works in this global area?
>
> I'd also be very interested in UTF-8 support.

Lots of people would, but there's less interest in (or more probably
less time available for) working on it.

Phillip Vandry has volunteered to do some changes to zle, and there is
now local support by Oliver for printing Unicode characters, but apart
from that it has been largely talk so far.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.