zsh-users
* /bin/sh of MacOS X
@ 2001-06-08  1:18 Tanaka Akira
From: Tanaka Akira @ 2001-06-08  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I heard that MacOS X uses zsh as /bin/sh.

Is it true?
--
Tanaka Akira

* Re: /bin/sh of MacOS X
@ 2001-06-08  4:20 ` Clint Adams
From: Clint Adams @ 2001-06-08  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tanaka Akira; +Cc: zsh-users

> I heard that MacOS X uses zsh as /bin/sh.
>
> Is it true?

I played with the Public Beta briefly, and that did not seem to be the
case then.  I don't know about the release version.

* Re: /bin/sh of MacOS X
@ 2001-06-08 16:29   ` Duncan Sinclair
From: Duncan Sinclair @ 2001-06-08 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

>> I heard that MacOS X uses zsh as /bin/sh.
>>
>> Is it true?

>I played with the Public Beta briefly, and that did not seem to be the
>case then.  I don't know about the release version.

I can confirm that /bin/sh and /bin/zsh on my Mac OS X 10.0.3 install
are byte-for-byte identical.  It's version 3.0.8, btw.

(Aside: when I installed zsh 3.1.??? on OS X I had to compile statically.
I don't know the magic needed to get all the dynamic stuff working, but
maybe the Apple people (person?) who hangs about this list knows more.

Maybe even 4.0.1 works on Mac OS X, for all I know...)

Cheers,

Duncan.