zsh-users
* Questions
@ 1998-01-27 16:48 Jimmy Mäkelä
From: Jimmy Mäkelä @ 1998-01-27 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

How do i get the append history thing to work?
I've added this to my .zshrc:
HISTFILE=~/.zshistory
setopt appendhist

and tried pretty much anything you can do with these..btw is HISTSIZE in
lines or kb?

And another thing, how do i get the history-beginning-search or whatever
they're called to move the cursor to the end of the line after finding a
match?

And one last question, is there any possibility to bind a regular command
to an key sort of like: bindkey '^K' history

* Re: questions
@ 1999-10-03 17:18   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1999-10-03 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Berglund, zsh-users

On Oct 3,  1:10pm, Stefan Berglund wrote:
} Subject: Re: questions
}
} I had problems with 3.0.5 regarding terminal resizing, that
} was my main reason to upgrade to 3.1.x.

Amusingly enough, 3.1.x was (before 3.1.6) using the old 3.0.4 terminal
sizing code.  So you upgraded in order to downgrade.

One of the things I did before releasing 3.0.6 was to introduce sanity
into that terminal sizing code and bring 3.0.6 and 3.1.6 into closer
alignment in that regard, so neither version should have serious trouble
at this point -- or if either does, they both will.

} Which leads to my question: is there a way for a normal user to supply
} completion widgets overriding and complementing the globally installed
} ones?

Of course.  This is detailed in the "completion system" section of the
3.1.6 manual ("man zshcompsys" if you aren't using the info pages).  That
has been expanded a bit since the 3.1.6 announcement, so you might want
to pick up the latest release from http://www.ifh.de/~pws/computing/ to
get a more complete picture.

* Re: questions
@ 1999-10-03 11:10 ` Stefan Berglund
From: Stefan Berglund @ 1999-10-03 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 01:30:33AM -0700, Chris Hansen wrote:
> 1.  I'm currently using 3.0.5, from the tone of the list it sounds
> like most of you would recommend an upgrade to 3.1.6, how stable is
> it?  what's different?(readers digest version, promise to RTFM later)

I have had no problems with 3.1.6 besides that it sometimes doesn't
react when I start typing. This is cured with a Ctrl C, I'm running the
vi mode. I had problems with 3.0.5 regarding terminal resizing, that
was my main reason to upgrade to 3.1.x.
IMHO the main difference is the new completion system using shell
functions. This is more general and powerful. I have not noticed a
speed penalty as one might suspect.

--
Stefan Berglund                       | sbl@dd.chalmers.se

* questions
@ 1999-10-03  8:30 Chris Hansen
From: Chris Hansen @ 1999-10-03  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

I'm new to the list, I've been playing with zsh off and on for about a
year, love it.

3 questions:

1.  I'm currently using 3.0.5, from the tone of the list it sounds
like most of you would recommend an upgrade to 3.1.6, how stable is
it?  what's different?(readers digest version, promise to RTFM later)

2.  I'd like to use the lovely command line environment in other
programs the same way you use ile or fep, is there a way to do that?

3.  Could someone show me an example using coproc, the otherwise excellent
documentation is a bit weak in that area.

Thanks in advance,
Chris