zsh-users
* zsh in GNU Screen--Login Shell?
@ 2004-06-11  3:05 Aaron Davies
From: Aaron Davies @ 2004-06-11  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Does anyone have any experience running zsh inside GNU Screen? On all
the boxes I've used them on until now, zsh always started inside screen
as a non-login shell--i.e., zshrc was executed, but not zprofile.
However, just today I set up my usual environment on a box running
GenToo linux, GNU Screen 4.00.01, and zsh 4.2.0, and it appears to have
changed--zprofile seems to be executing too. This poses something of a
problem, as my means of executing screen is through zprofile, so if
when screen creates a new window, zsh calls zprofile again, I end up
with nested screens, and a possible infinite recursion problem. Does
anyone know why this is happening (or what I can do to prevent it)?

BTW, one example of a box that gives the correct behavior is Mac OS X
10.3.4, zsh 4.1.1, screen 3.09.15.
--
Aaron Davies
agdavi01@louisville.edu