zsh-users
* Zsh not completing redirection anymore
@ 2014-01-08  5:31 Sohron Viholainen
From: Sohron Viholainen @ 2014-01-08  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello all,

This is my ~/.zshrc: http://pastebin.com/YY6iLXxM (remaining at pastebin for a month)

I’m using zsh-templates-osx (https://code.google.com/p/zsh-templates-osx/) with vi- and zshall keybindings, but haven’t changed anything in it lately. For some reason redirection like, say `echo foo > file<TAB>’ or `echo foo >> file<TAB>’ doesn’t complete to file.txt or anything existing with string “file” in the beginning for that matter anymore. This occurs with every file of course, not just with string “file” in the beginning. Completion doesn’t work with < either.

I have fiddled with my ~/.zshrc at some point, but I can’t for the life of me remember what I did to make redirection completion dysfunctional and I realised the fact only later on. And even though I have used Zsh for a long time I still don’t understand everything about the configuration… And, of course I made the modification before I realised to put my dot files in to git :(

Hope someone can help me, as naturally redirection completion is quite often used…

--
Marko Vihoma
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/marko.vihoma/