zsh-users
* ^C and ^Z
@ 1999-07-23 13:49 Jens Linge
From: Jens Linge @ 1999-07-23 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Dear all,

I can't use ^C and ^Z to stop or suspend jobs in my z-shell. Is there an
option which I have to specify? Any ideas? I am using an INDY
workstation running SGI IRIX.

Thank you in advance.

Jens

* Re: ^C and ^Z
@ 1999-07-23 15:27 ` Vincent Lefevre
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 1999-07-23 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 15:49:02 +0200, Jens Linge wrote:
> I can't use ^C and ^Z to stop or suspend jobs in my z-shell. Is there an
> option which I have to specify? Any ideas? I am using an INDY
> workstation running SGI IRIX.

man stty ?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - PhD student in Computer Science
Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> or <http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~vlefevre/> - 100%

* Re: ^C and ^Z
@ 1999-07-23 19:10 ` dado
From: dado @ 1999-07-23 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Jens Linge wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I can't use ^C and ^Z to stop or suspend jobs in my z-shell. Is there an
> option which I have to specify? Any ideas? I am using an INDY
> workstation running SGI IRIX.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Jens

Does 'stty sane' do it?
If not you have to set it manually.

stty intr ^C susp ^Z
maybe it takes only one at a time

you may have to type ^V to enter the non-printable chars

Dado Feigenblatt           dado@pdi.com            direct (650) 846-8386
Technical Lighter                              front desk (650) 846-8100
PDI - Palo Alto, CA                                   fax (650) 846-8101

* ^C and ^Z
@ 1999-07-23 13:42 Jens Linge