I have a problem with zsh in that it gives me an error when it is invoked by some interactive tool, for example. Here is the output I see when, for example, I run an interactive shell for a relational database tool (don't get too hung up on what I'm running, I see it on other things as well; this just happens to be the most recent): % ttIsql .zshrc /export/home/tdillard/.zshrc[16]: syntax error: `(' unexpected ... Here is the first few lines of my .zshrc file. The offending line 16 is the "cdpath" line. #!/usr/local/bin/zsh # # $Id: zshrc,v 2.0 1996/05/02 22:57:04 hzoli Exp $ # # Generic .zshrc file for zsh 2.7 # # .zshrc is sourced in interactive shells. It # should contain commands to set up aliases, functions, # options, key bindings, etc. # echo ".zshrc" # # Search path for the cd command # cdpath=(. $HOME) # Use hard limits, except for a smaller stack and no core dumps unlimit limit stack 8192 #limit core 0 #limit -s ... I just re-installed zsh 3.1.6 and did the normal install. It seems to me that the built-ins, such as cdpath, are for some reason not recognized when the .zshrc file gets re-run. I do not see this problem when starting up a new xterm, but it invokes .zshenv prior to .zshrc. I would really appreciate any help or insights that someone can provide to me. I realize I may not have provided enough information so just let me know what else you may want to see. Thanks in advance, Tom