zsh-users
* Wildcard completion question
@ 2001-11-27 20:21 Bill Pemberton
From: Bill Pemberton @ 2001-11-27 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I have a hopefully simple completion problem with version 4.  Really
it's just a difference from 3 to 4, but I haven't been able to make 4
behave the way I want.  With version 3 (3.0.8, for example, I know
works this way) I can do something like this:

cd /lv*/bla<TAB>

And have it do completions based on that.  It'll even deal with
something like there being a /lv1/blah and an /lv9/blah2 by cycling
through both.

But I just haven't been able to figure out how to make version 4 work
the same way.

--
Bill

* Re: Wildcard completion question
@ 2001-12-06 16:13 ` Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 2001-12-06 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Pemberton; +Cc: zsh-users

Bill Pemberton wrote:

> I have a hopefully simple completion problem with version 4.  Really
> it's just a difference from 3 to 4, but I haven't been able to make 4
> behave the way I want.  With version 3 (3.0.8, for example, I know
> works this way) I can do something like this:
>
> cd /lv*/bla<TAB>
>
> And have it do completions based on that.  It'll even deal with
> something like there being a /lv1/blah and an /lv9/blah2 by cycling
> through both.
>
> But I just haven't been able to figure out how to make version 4 work
> the same way.

It sounds like you need the _match completer (zstyle ':completion:*::::'
completer _match _complete). Be careful that expansion doesn't get in
the way which it might if you bind tab to something other than
complete-word or use the _expand completer before _match.

Oliver

http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp