I guess I never realized that, when it comes to options, there is a difference between running a script directly and passing it as an argument to zsh. But even still, If I do this: > echo $PATH /usr/bin:./dir > ls dir -rwxr--r-- 1 root root 9 Jan 26 03:26 foo.zsh > setopt pathscript > zsh foo.zsh zsh: can't open input file: foo.zsh > unsetopt pathscript > zsh foo.zsh zsh: can't open input file: foo.zsh So I’m still seeing no difference between execution of the script with path script on or off in these cases. HOWEVER, I discovered if I put this in my .zshrc: setopt pathscript and do: > zsh -i foo.zsh It works. Or, if I do > setopt pathscript and then do > zsh -c foo.zsh This also works. > zsh -i foo.zsh wil also work in this case, too. > On Jan 25, 2024, at 10:45 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote: > > On Thu, Jan 25, 2024, at 10:21 PM, Steve Dondley wrote: >> Sorry, I’ve got a bad misconcepiton somewhere. I stil don’t get it. >> >> I do: PATH=.dir >> >> When I do: setopt pathscript >> And then do: foo.zsh >> >> It finds foo in the ./dir directory and executes it. >> >> >> Then when i do: unsetopt pathscript >> And then I do: foo.zsh >> >> It stil finds foo.zsh in the ./dir directory. >> >> So I’m not seeing how it behaves any differently. > > You doing something completely different from what I described and > demonstrated. PATH_SCRIPT *only* affects how zsh behaves when you > invoke it to run a script (e.g., ''zsh script_name''). It does not > affect PATH searches performed as part of command execution. > > -- > vq