zsh-users
From: Sebastian Stark <seb-zsh@biskalar.de>
To: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@gmail.com>
Cc: zsh-users@zsh.org
Subject: Re: _screen calls non-existent program
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:48:30 +0200	[thread overview]

Am 19.10.2010 um 15:07 schrieb Mikael Magnusson:

>> % screen -ls
>> There is a screen on:
>>       22789.ttys000.suck      (Attached)
>> 1 Socket in /var/folders/zz/zzzivhrRnAmviuee+++2I+++-3+/-Tmp-/.screen.
>>
>> % screen -S <tab>
>> session name
>>
>> No session is displayed in the "session name" menu by the completion system. I have no customisation regarding screen in my configuration ("zstyle -L | grep screen" is empty). I still must be doing something wrong here.
>
> screen -S names the session you're starting, it does nothing with
> existing sessions.

Sorry, I pasted only half of my command. What I really want to do is:

  screen -X kill -S <tab>

and this should really select a running session. The screen manual does not mention it, but the error message in this case:

% screen -X kill
There are several suitable screens on:
	22789.ttys000.suck	(Attached)
	24105.ttys004.suck	(Attached)