zsh-users
* How to get faster completion if I make zsh assume what I've typed so far is correct?
@ 2004-03-23 16:26 paxunix
From: paxunix @ 2004-03-23 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Why does zsh have to glob every directory along a pathname in order to
find completions within the final directory?  For example, take this case:

/one/two/three/four <TAB>

If I set -x, the output after hitting TAB shows zsh retrieves all the
subdirectories within one, two, three and four.  I would like zsh to
only bother globbing in four to find the files that I'm looking for--it
should assume that whatever I've currently typed is correct and it ONLY
needs to look in four--there is no need for it to know anything about
the contents of one, two or three.  Is there a style setting or an
option that I can use to do that?  If two, three and four are NFS, it
can often slow down completion a lot--particularly if there are a lot of
files in them.

--
Shawn Halpenny