zsh-users
* UnixReview.com article
@ 2005-01-21 17:54 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2005-01-21 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I've started to get email feedback about this month's Shell Corner:

    http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=9513/ur0501a/ur0501a.htm

(No, I'm not related to Ed in any way that either of us knows about.)

I really wanted to plug "From Bash to Z Shell" in the article, but the
editors ruled it a conflict of interest for Ed, because we were both
technical reviewers for the book.  Why that's a conflict I'm not sure,
because it's not like we're getting a cut of the royalties or anything,
but there it is; anyway, the suggestion to "look elsewhere for a longer
introduction" should be taken as encouraging you to check out the book.

Meanwhile, unless there's an objection, I'm going to take the suggestion
made in some of the aforementioned feedback and put all the functions in
a file and add them to the zsh distribution.  Would Functions/Misc be
the right place, or Functions/Zle ?

* Re: UnixReview.com article
@ 2005-01-21 18:04 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2005-01-21 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Meanwhile, unless there's an objection, I'm going to take the suggestion
> made in some of the aforementioned feedback and put all the functions in
> a file and add them to the zsh distribution.  Would Functions/Misc be
> the right place, or Functions/Zle ?

It might be worth adding a different directory.

pws

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* Re: UnixReview.com article
@ 2005-01-21 18:07   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2005-01-21 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > Meanwhile, unless there's an objection, I'm going to take the suggestion
> > made in some of the aforementioned feedback and put all the functions in
> > a file and add them to the zsh distribution.  Would Functions/Misc be
> > the right place, or Functions/Zle ?
>
> It might be worth adding a different directory.

Actually, now I've actually looked at the article :-), Zle seems OK.

pws

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* Re: UnixReview.com article
@ 2005-01-22 12:51 ` Thorsten Kampe
From: Thorsten Kampe @ 2005-01-22 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

* Bart Schaefer (2005-01-21 17:54 +0100)
> I've started to get email feedback about this month's Shell Corner:
>
>     http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=9513/ur0501a/ur0501a.htm
>
> (No, I'm not related to Ed in any way that either of us knows about.)
>
> I really wanted to plug "From Bash to Z Shell" in the article [...]

By the way: am I the only one who mistook the meaning of "From Bash to
Z Shell" for something like "/Changing/ from Bash to Z Shell"...?

Thorsten

* Re: UnixReview.com article
@ 2005-01-22 13:09   ` Lucas Bonnet
From: Lucas Bonnet @ 2005-01-22 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

22 janvier 2005, 14:08 :Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> By the way: am I the only one who mistook the meaning of "From Bash to
> Z Shell" for something like "/Changing/ from Bash to Z Shell"...?

With me it makes 2. Anyway, the book is really nice, so I don't mind.

--
Lucas

* Re: UnixReview.com article
@ 2005-01-22 23:43   ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2005-01-22 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

* Thorsten Kampe (Jan 22, 2005 14:21):
> By the way: am I the only one who mistook the meaning of "From Bash to
> Z Shell" for something like "/Changing/ from Bash to Z Shell"...?

Yeah, me too ;-).  Still, a very good book.  It explained a lot of stuff
I hadn't gotten the grip of.  It's also a very good reference, making it
easy to look up stuff that I keep forgetting,
	nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::

* Re: UnixReview.com article
@ 2005-01-25  7:16     ` Seth Kurtzberg