zsh-users
* directory completion for a function
@ 2006-02-10  7:40 Stefan Reichör
From: Stefan Reichör @ 2006-02-10  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi!

I created the following function to create a tarball a given directory:

function create-tgz {
    local archive_name
    archive_name="$1.tar.gz"
    archive_name=${archive_name/\//}
    tar cvfz "$archive_name" "$1"
    echo "Created archive $archive_name"
}

Now I would like to have completion for directory names for that
function.
How can I achieve that?

Stefan.

* Re: directory completion for a function
@ 2006-02-10  7:51 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2006-02-10  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Stefan Reichör <stefan@xsteve.at> wrote:
> function create-tgz {
[...]
> Now I would like to have completion for directory names for that
> function. How can I achieve that?

compdef _dirs create-tgz

Regards, Frank

* Re: directory completion for a function
@ 2006-02-10  8:05   ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2006-02-10  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Frank Terbeck <frank.terbeck@rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Stefan Reichör <stefan@xsteve.at> wrote:
> > function create-tgz {
> [...]
> > Now I would like to have completion for directory names for that
> > function. How can I achieve that?
>
> compdef _dirs create-tgz

compdef _directories create-tgz

_dirs is for the dirs builtin... sorry

Regards, Frank

* Re: directory completion for a function
@ 2006-02-20 14:59     ` Marc Chantreux
From: Marc Chantreux @ 2006-02-20 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Frank Terbeck wrote:

> compdef _directories create-tgz

cool ! what if i need arguments ? I'm trying to replace this file :

#compdef eev
_sub_commands preinscription login

by the equivalent command.

regards