zsh-users
* list-dirs-first bug
@ 2019-10-24 23:44 sergio
From: sergio @ 2019-10-24 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello.

I still have the problem with list-dirs-first that I reported at
2011-06-02:

% mkdir test
% cd test
% mkdir test test\ II # two big 'i'
% mkdir test/1 test/2
% touch test\ II/qwe
% ls test/<TAB>
1/  2/
qwe

If I comment this string:
zstyle ':completion:*' list-dirs-first true
all works as expected.

--
sergio.

* Re: list-dirs-first bug
@ 2019-10-25 12:03 ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2019-10-25 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: zsh-users

On 10/25/19, sergio <sergio@outerface.net> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I still have the problem with list-dirs-first that I reported at
> 2011-06-02:
>
> % mkdir test
> % cd test
> % mkdir test test\ II # two big 'i'
> % mkdir test/1 test/2
> % touch test\ II/qwe
> % ls test/<TAB>
> 1/  2/
> qwe
>
> If I comment this string:
> zstyle ':completion:*' list-dirs-first true
> all works as expected.

What part of the above is not as expected? (I'm assuming that if you
tab to the qwe entry, then test/ is also changed to test\ II/). Maybe
you want to set
zstyle ':completion:*' accept-exact-dirs 'yes'

--
Mikael Magnusson

* Re: list-dirs-first bug
@ 2019-10-25 17:32   ` sergio
From: sergio @ 2019-10-25 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Mikael,

I'm subscribed, reply to list please.

> zstyle ':completion:*' accept-exact-dirs 'yes'

Yes, thank you!

Would
zstyle ':completion:*' accept-exact-dirs true
be more correct?

--
sergio.

* Re: list-dirs-first bug
@ 2019-10-26 12:41     ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2019-10-26 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: zsh-users

On 10/25/19, sergio <sergio@outerface.net> wrote:
> Mikael,
>
> I'm subscribed, reply to list please.

Editing mail headers manually is too much effort, set up your mail
client to not show duplicates.

>> zstyle ':completion:*' accept-exact-dirs 'yes'
>
> Yes, thank you!
>
> Would
> zstyle ':completion:*' accept-exact-dirs true
> be more correct?

No, zstyle -t accepts any of true, yes, on, and 1 as truth values. I
think you can also leave it empty, or give multiple values where at
least one of the specified strings are one of the given truth values.
Arguably the last one is "less" correct.

--
Mikael Magnusson