Dear everyone, almost 8 years ago, I started to document some of the options and features of ZSH for myself, as I didn't really understand all the options and what their effect is just from the documentation. Unfortunately, I didn't make it through as my focus started to shift to other topics rather quickly. Maybe what I had written back then can still be of any help to you and maybe even the project? You can find the document here: https://github.com/Shurakai/dotfiles/blob/master/config.org (See, e.g., the AUTO_PUSHD option in the manual (https://zsh.sourceforge.io/Doc/Release/Options.html#index-AUTO_005fPUSHD ) and in my file; FYI: sometimes there are two lines, such as "setopt AUTO_PUSHD" and "setopt NO_AUTO_PUSHD" - the former is my personal configuration, the latter was ZSH's default value) Thanks for a great shell! Christian