zsh-users
* utf-8 and zsh
@ 2004-03-19  0:49 Julien Palmas
From: Julien Palmas @ 2004-03-19  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi list
this is my first message.
i haven't been using UNIX stuff for very long since i'm a mac user. But
with Mac OS X, it was the time to start ;-)
Anyway, i've heard about the different shells and even if i don't
really know the others, i believe zsh is a very good one (completion,
loops, etc ...)

that's why i would like one more feature to make it even better. utf-8
support. after reading the list archive, i've seen that utf-8 is not
yet supported in zsh 4.1.1. but i've also seen that zsh 4.2 is in alpha
4 stage.

so i've got 2 questions :
- will zsh 4.2 will have utf-8 support
- when do you expect it to be available ? ;-) (answer not compulsory
...)

i'm doing translation stuff with vim and i'd like my shell to fully
handle utf-8 for more consistency in my settings.

thank you guys
julien

* utf-8 and zsh
@ 2008-12-07 20:10 Maurí­cio
From: Maurí­cio @ 2008-12-07 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

Is there some zsh-specific way to enter utf-8
characters? Or should I rely on my terminal to
do that (xterm, mlterm etc.)?

Thanks,
Maurício