Hi, attached is my slightly improved completion for xrandr: It completes only connected outputs and only the available modes for each output. Best Eike On 02/14/2013 09:38 AM, Jan Eike von Seggern wrote: > Thanks a lot Bart and Peter! > > Using HISTNO should be working. > > BTW: I played around with _store_cache/_retrieve_cache but I could not > get it working because I didn't now how to retrieve an associated array > from the cache (not to mention that it's not fitting my need anyways). > > Best > Eike > > > On 02/14/2013 01:39 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote: >> On Feb 13, 8:30pm, Peter Stephenson wrote: >> } >> } Bart Schaefer wrote: >> } > zstyle ':completion:*' completer _xrcache _oldlist _expand >> _complete # etc. >> } >> } I don't see why you couldn't put that inside the completion function >> } that needs the cache >> >> True, you could put it in the completion function, but what if there's >> more than one completion function that wants to share the same cache? >> >> Which reminds me that I've never really bothered to understand how the >> _store_cache/_retrieve_cache stuff is supposed to work. I suspect it >> would be overkill here. >>