zsh-users
* trivial problem with histverify
@ 2014-12-01 20:20 Ray Andrews
From: Ray Andrews @ 2014-12-01 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

I have this command bound to PgUp:

      history 1 | grep --color=auto "[[:digit:]]  !!"

... it does the obvious thing, I type a string I want to search for in
history and get
a nice colored listing.  When recalling a command from history with '!',
I like to
have 'setopt histverify' in case I want to edit the command, or just be
sure I'm
going to execute the correct command before it fires.  However, if that
option is
set, it fouls up the above keybinding in the predictable way, it demands
ENTER
before it will work. It seems on the face of it that 'histverify' is not
being very
smart about that, because the key binding isn't executing a command, it's
just making a listing.  It seems as if the test for 'histverify' is just
seeing the
literal bangs in the key binding and not figuring out that there is
really no command
being executed.  Is this really what we want?  If so, is there a simple
work-around?
As it is, I just leave 'histverify' off, and try to be careful, so it's
hardly important,
but I would  like to have it both ways if possible.