zsh-users
* no_glob not written up in doc?
@ 2014-12-09  2:15 Ray Andrews
From: Ray Andrews @ 2014-12-09  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Doc/Release/Options.html#Options

... If I'm not mistaken the 'no_glob' option is not described in the doc.
It's enumerated twice, but never described.  At least on that page.
I didn't check for others.  Dunno, maybe it's not expected to be
written up, but one might expect it to be.

* Re: no_glob not written up in doc?
@ 2014-12-09  2:50 ` Lawrence Velázquez
From: Lawrence Velázquez @ 2014-12-09  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ray Andrews; +Cc: zsh-users

On Dec 8, 2014, at 9:15 PM, Ray Andrews <rayandrews@eastlink.ca> wrote:

> http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Doc/Release/Options.html#Options
>
> ... If I'm not mistaken the 'no_glob' option is not described in the doc.
> It's enumerated twice, but never described.  At least on that page.
> I didn't check for others.  Dunno, maybe it's not expected to be
> written up, but one might expect it to be.

NO_GLOB isn't really an option. It's the negation of GLOB, which *is* in
that document.

Note Section 16.1:

    The sense of an option name may be inverted by preceding it with
    'no', so 'setopt No_Beep' is equivalent to 'unsetopt beep'.

vq

* Re: no_glob not written up in doc?
@ 2014-12-09  3:48   ` Ray Andrews
From: Ray Andrews @ 2014-12-09  3:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lawrence Velázquez; +Cc: zsh-users

On 12/08/2014 06:50 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> NO_GLOB isn't really an option. It's the negation of GLOB, which *is*
> in that document. Note Section 16.1: The sense of an option name may
> be inverted by preceding it with 'no', so 'setopt No_Beep' is
> equivalent to 'unsetopt beep'. vq

Right you are.  I did read about negations of negations and such. And
some things
negative by default and some things not.  Thus noglob is shown as off
rather than
glob being shown as on, but noglob doesn't really exist anyway.  And
nomatch is an
option but noglob is not and nonomatch is not but nullglob is. Simple, once
you get used to it.

Seriously, I should have caught that myself, Tx. Lawrence.