zsh-users
* easy question
@ 1996-04-29 21:33 Jose Unpingco
From: Jose Unpingco @ 1996-04-29 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I'm using zsh version 2.5.03 on sunOS4

why is it that when I do

% compctl -c man
% setopt correctall

and then do

% man mtlab

I get

No manual entry for mtlab.

instead of a correction prompting me for matlab instead of mtlab?

I thought correctall was supposed to correct everything on the command
line.

             _ - - - _
           /)-  - _     _
          / |_o_/  -       _
              \__  -          _
                \ \_              -   _  _  _  _   _  _  _  _  _
                 _
   __ __ _ _  -
Jose Unpingco
ECE 0407
(619) 546-8809

* Re: easy question
@ 1996-04-29 21:42 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1996-04-29 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

>why is it that when I do
[...]
>% man mtlab
>
>I get
>
>No manual entry for mtlab.

Because you don't have a manual entry for mtlab?

>instead of a correction prompting me for matlab instead of mtlab?

Oh.  Correction doesn't look at the compctl settings yet, nor (IMHO)
should it.  Some of the more complex completions often complete to only
a small subset of legal arguments to a program.  What is needed for
correctall to be useful is a way to disable it for particular commands
-- oh, look, we have nocorrect.

-zefram