zsh-users
* How to get cursor navigation of completion menu working?
@ 2006-03-03 21:02 sam reckoner
From: sam reckoner @ 2006-03-03 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

My understanding from reading the user's guide is that there is a way to
cursor-navigate the listed completions. However, I can't figure out how to
get this to work. For example, at the prompt, I get a long list of
completions that I have to tab through in order to select the one that I
want. The user's guide makes it seem like you can navigate using the cursor
keys to get the right completion.

I missing something? I am running version 4.2 6 on cygwin.

Thanks in advance.

* Re: How to get cursor navigation of completion menu working?
@ 2006-03-03 21:22 ` DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2006-03-03 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sam reckoner; +Cc: zsh-users

    Hi Sam :)

 * sam reckoner <sam.reckoner@gmail.com> dixit:
> My understanding from reading the user's guide is that there is a
> way to cursor-navigate the listed completions. However, I can't
> figure out how to get this to work.

    My advice may not be useful, since I don't use compsys, but
anyway. I have "MENUSELECT=0" in my RC files (it's a shell
parameter), and I have cursor-navigation (selection).

    That's all. Hope that helps :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

* Re: How to get cursor navigation of completion menu working?
@ 2006-03-03 22:07 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2006-03-03 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

"sam reckoner" wrote:
> My understanding from reading the user's guide is that there is a way to
> cursor-navigate the listed completions. However, I can't figure out how to
> get this to work.

If you're using the new completion system (with compinit) you can set:

  zstyle ':completion:*' menu select

The instructions are buried in the entry for the menu style in the
zshcompsys manual page.

--
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com>
Web page still at http://www.pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk/

* Re: How to get cursor navigation of completion menu working?
@ 2006-03-03 23:10   ` sam reckoner
From: sam reckoner @ 2006-03-03 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: zsh-users