I have no idea where I came up with this but reading the internet and the documentation leads me to think that this isn’t really supported. > # Add in my own functions > fpath[1,0]=$ZDOTDIR/functions It does exactly what I want: it prepends $ZDOTDIR/functions to the front of the fpath array. I can’t even find an example where the 2nd index is less than the first index. So, I thought I would ask: 1) Is the above syntax supported or does it just happen to work currently? 2) What is the prescribed method of prepending to an array: e.g. Before fpath=( /a/b /c/d ) After fpath=( /x/y /a/b /c/d ) Thank you for your time, Perry