* `reset-prompt` timer without leaking memory?
@ 2018-09-24 15:37 Ben Klein
From: Ben Klein @ 2018-09-24 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1103 bytes --]

I am working on a new ZSH theme and am trying to get time shown with
seconds while waiting on input.

My arbitrary approaches have so far resulted in the zsh process
consuming more and more memory the longer I leave it.

On zsh 5.4.2: zsh -f

robo-unseptium% hi(){ zle .reset-prompt }
robo-unseptium% trap hi ALRM
robo-unseptium% TMOUT=2

And then I let the shell sit there and it slowly consumes more memory.
Watching with:

ps --ppid 12490 -o command,vsize,rss,%mem,size

Most noticeably, the RSS continues to increment by 4kb every so often,
not sure if it's exactly on the ALRM signal timing but it appears to be
on a similar regular interval. (Started it last night at 10MB, now at
60MB memory usage.)

Should I try a different zsh version or start digging through memory? Or
is there some option I am potentially missing that would stop this
growing memory?

--
*\Ben Klein*
Founder and Owner of Robosane, robobenklein@robosane.net