zsh-users
* [PROBLEM] _normal:23: command not found: _set_command
@ 2004-03-05  2:18 Isaac Claymore
From: Isaac Claymore @ 2004-03-05  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi folks,

Right after I updated my zsh to 4.1.1-1 (from Debian), tab completion
for command arguments stopps working, with error messages like this:

_normal:23: command not found: _set_command
_normal:25: command not found: _dispatch

I guess it may be a packaging problem, but failed to google out anything
useful.

Any hint folks?

Thanks in advance~~

--

Regards, Isaac

* Re: [PROBLEM] _normal:23: command not found: _set_command
@ 2004-03-05  3:24   ` Isaac Claymore
From: Isaac Claymore @ 2004-03-05  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Mangold; +Cc: zsh-users

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 09:02:41PM -0700, Eric Mangold wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:18:42 +0800, Isaac Claymore <clay@exavio.com.cn>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi folks,
> >
> >Right after I updated my zsh to 4.1.1-1 (from Debian), tab completion
> >for command arguments stopps working, with error messages like this:
> >
> >_normal:23: command not found: _set_command
> >_normal:25: command not found: _dispatch
> >
> >I guess it may be a packaging problem, but failed to google out anything
> >useful.
>
> Delete ~/.zcompdump
>
> A lot of people have been hitting this.

Thanks man, it worked ;)

--

@ 2004-03-05  4:02 ` Eric Mangold
From: Eric Mangold @ 2004-03-05  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Isaac Claymore, zsh-users

@ 2004-03-05 10:52   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2004-03-05 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Eric Mangold wrote:
> Delete ~/.zcompdump
>
> A lot of people have been hitting this.
>
> 	-Eric

It's possible to avoid this problem.  Change the compinit line wherever
it occurs in your start-up files to:

compinit -u -d ~/.zcompdump_$ZSH_VERSION

compinstall (if you use that to generate or tweak your settings) is
smart enough to keep this line.

The remaining problem is removing ancient versions of .zcompdump.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* Re: [PROBLEM] _normal:23: command not found: _set_command
@ 2004-03-05 10:56     ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2004-03-05 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Change the compinit line wherever
> it occurs in your start-up files to:
>
> compinit -u -d ~/.zcompdump_$ZSH_VERSION

I should have pointed out: you don't need the `-u' for this purpose,
I just copied the line from my file.  If you have possible security
problems, you should remove it.