zsh-users
* Negative LISTMAX
@ 2022-08-18  1:31 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2022-08-18  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

The manual says about LISTMAX:

  If the value is negative, the list will be shown if it spans at most
  as many lines as given by the absolute value.

Ie if I set it to -30, it should show me lists up to 30 lines long
without prompting, and prompt for 31 lines and above.

But by experiment and by inspection:

https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/blob/master/Src/Zle/compresult.c#L1924

   (complistmax < 0 && listdat.nlines <= -complistmax)

it appears that when LISTMAX is negative, it shows the list so long as
it is *longer* than the absolute value.

That (hiding small lists and showing big ones) doesn't seem like a
useful behaviour? If it is intentional, then it is not consistent with
the doc.

Thanks.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-08-18  1:32 UTC | newest]