zsh-users
* Case insensitive completion on ancient zsh versions?
@ 2004-03-14 19:25 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-03-14 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I've got a login on various systems which have zsh version 3.1 (!)
installed on them.  To add to the joy, they just have the binary, and
no documentation.

I intend to install a more recent zsh wherever I can, but in case I
can't install anything, I'd like to make my life a little better.

Is it possible to turn on case insensitive completion for that version
of zsh?  How?

Kai

* Re: Case insensitive completion on ancient zsh versions?
@ 2004-03-15  9:57 ` Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 2004-03-15  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kai Grossjohann; +Cc: zsh-users

Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> I've got a login on various systems which have zsh version 3.1 (!)
> installed on them.  To add to the joy, they just have the binary, and
> no documentation.

You'll need to be more precise about the zsh version than that: there's
a huge difference between 3.1.1 and 3.1.9.

Is it using the new function based completion or compctl.
With compctl, you might be able to do this (I think):
  compctl -T -M 'm:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z}'

For new completion it is difficult to know because it could be compconfig
or zstyle and the style changed a few times. 3.1 was a development series.
Try this (which is right for 4.x):
  zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list 'm:{a-zA-Z}={A-Za-z}'

If you've got anything older than about 3.1.5 then I don't think it is
possible.

Oliver

* Re: Case insensitive completion on ancient zsh versions?
@ 2004-03-15 13:10   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-03-15 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Kiddle; +Cc: zsh-users

Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Kai Grossjohann wrote:
>> I've got a login on various systems which have zsh version 3.1 (!)
>> installed on them.  To add to the joy, they just have the binary, and
>> no documentation.
>
> You'll need to be more precise about the zsh version than that: there's
> a huge difference between 3.1.1 and 3.1.9.

Sorry.  It's 3.1.0.

Kai