zsh-users
From: Andrew Cosgriff <andrew@unico.com.au>
To: zsh-users@math.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: zsh and color
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 1995 11:07:27 +1000	[thread overview]

Richard Coleman <coleman@math.gatech.edu> wrote:

>I don't forsee this happening any time soon.  There are too many other
>things still in the pipeline that need to be done.  Also, I don't like
>the idea of adding features to the baseline that would only be used by
>people on a particular OS.

It's not actually OS-specific - the patch to gnu's ls uses ANSI escape
sequences to set the colors - you just need an xterm that's been patched to
support color (which you can get from ftp.x.org - i'm currently using one
that's had the scroll bar put on the right hand side, too).

That said, I can't say i'm hanging out for zsh to support this when listing
completable files, even though I love my color ls :)

Enjoy,
 Andrew
--
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff - andrew@unico.com.au - SysAdmin, UNICO Computer Systems.
 Mail Server - "send file help" as subject                   PGP and/or MIME ok