zsh-users
* Re: numberic brace expansion
@ 1995-06-07 13:05 Gerald Skerbitz
From: Gerald Skerbitz @ 1995-06-07 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Richard,
Thanks for the patch, but after applying it and recompiling, I find zstrtol
undefined. I applied the patch to the beta9 distribution and it applied
cleanly.

gcc  -o zsh builtin.o compat.o cond.o exec.o glob.o hist.o init.o  jobs.o
lex.o loop.o math.o mem.o params.o parse.o signals.o  subst.o table.o
text.o utils.o watch.o zle_bindings.o  zle_hist.o zle_main.o zle_misc.o
zle_move.o zle_refresh.o  zle_tricky.o zle_utils.o zle_vi.o zle_word.o
-lnsl  -ltermcap
zstrtol                             builtin.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to zsh
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `zsh'

>uname -a
SunOS halfdan 5.4 generic sun4m sparc

>gcc -v
Reading specs from /opt/gnu/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.4/2.6.3/specs
gcc version 2.6.3

--
Gerry
Gerald Skerbitz <gsker@med.umn.edu> U of MN Med School Admin 6-5379

* Re: numberic brace expansion
@ 1995-06-25 20:57 ` Mark Borges
From: Mark Borges @ 1995-06-25 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gsker; +Cc: zsh-users

[ I know this is late, but I've been gone most of June and didn't see
any follow-ups posted to zsh-users -- that is, if procmail functioned
properly in my absence ]

>> Gerald Skerbitz(GS) wrote on Wed, 7 Jun 1995 08:05:45 -0500 (CDT):
GS> Richard,
GS> Thanks for the patch, but after applying it and recompiling, I
GS> find zstrtol

Um, this was my (temporary) patch.

GS> undefined. I applied the patch to the beta9 distribution and it
GS> applied cleanly.

Yes, I didn't muck with the configure script. So autoconf most likely
detects you have strtol, and decides not to use zstrtol (which the
patch implies). So, you need to follow the comment near the beginning
of the patch:

  strtol) and adjusts configure accordingly. I did nothing w.r.t. the
  configure script, i.e., if configure detects you have strtol, you
  will have to manually edit config.h and undef the HAVE_STRTOL line:

  /* Define if you have the strtol function.  */
  /* #define HAVE_STRTOL 1 */

i.e., check the file `config.h' and make sure the above line is
commented out (manually edit it).

Let me know if it still doesn't work, and I'll see what I can
find. I'm running it under Solaris-2.3/gcc-2.5.8 (similar to your
setup) with no problems.

  -mb-