zsh-users
* Zsh Archive
@ 1995-12-14 17:31 V mp r
From: V mp r @ 1995-12-14 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

I am a relatively new user of zsh, but a quick convert. :)

I was wondering if anyone is maintaining an archive of useful
functions and scripts that they have written for zsh.

I scoured the net for such an archive, but perhaps I missed one?

True, it is fun and often necessary to write one's own scripts and
functions, but there may be possibilities that people think of and
implement that would be applicable for a wider variety of users and
uses.

I apologize if this question has been asked before, I've only been
lurking for a few weeks.

-DeWitt Clinton

--
DeWitt Clinton                                   dewitt.clinton@williams.edu
Williams College				              (413)-597-6022

* Re: Zsh Archive
@ 1995-12-14 17:49 ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1995-12-14 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

> I was wondering if anyone is maintaining an archive of useful
> functions and scripts that they have written for zsh.
>
> I scoured the net for such an archive, but perhaps I missed one?
>
> True, it is fun and often necessary to write one's own scripts and
> functions, but there may be possibilities that people think of and
> implement that would be applicable for a wider variety of users and
> uses.
>
> I apologize if this question has been asked before, I've only been
> lurking for a few weeks.

There are a few in the zsh distribution (check the Functions subdirectory
of the zsh-2.6-beta12 distribution).  There might also be some more on
the zsh web page.  But if people have things to contribute, this can
definitely be expanded.

rc

* Re: Zsh Archive
@ 1995-12-14 22:00   ` Mark Borges
From: Mark Borges @ 1995-12-14 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DeWitt.Clinton; +Cc: zsh-users

>> On Thu, 14 Dec 1995 12:49:10 -0500,
>> Richard Coleman(rc) wrote:
>> I was wondering if anyone is maintaining an archive of useful
>> functions and scripts that they have written for zsh.
>>
>> I scoured the net for such an archive, but perhaps I missed one?

rc> There are a few in the zsh distribution (check the Functions
rc> subdirectory of the zsh-2.6-beta12 distribution).  There might
rc> also be some more on the zsh web page.

Yes, there's a few more on the web site. The relevevant URL is:

	http://www.mal.com/zsh/

or more specifically,

	http://www.mal.com/zsh/Contrib/

A couple users sent me some of their examples. I put them up on
the web site, but I'd prefer a link so that users can just maintain
what they want to share (like what Peter Stephenson has allowed me to
do).

  -mb-