zsh-users
* zsh on NT?
@ 1996-12-05 18:00 Julio Garcia
From: Julio Garcia @ 1996-12-05 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think the answer to this is NO, but I'll ask anyway.  Can I get
zsh for NT?  I have MKS, but I really miss zsh when I use my NT system.
Any plans for it?

Thanks,

--
Julio Garcia - julio@fc.hp.com - http://julio.cnd.hp.com/julio/
	     - (970) 229-3168  - FAX (970) 229-3855

* Re: zsh on NT?
@ 1996-12-05 18:38 ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1996-12-05 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

> I think the answer to this is NO, but I'll ask anyway.  Can I get
> zsh for NT?  I have MKS, but I really miss zsh when I use my NT system.
> Any plans for it?

As it currently stands, the source code for zsh is very Unix
dependent.  A port to NT would require considerable changes,
and would probably need to be done outside of the mainline
development process (and merge back in later if the port was
clean).  As it stands, I haven't heard of anyone porting zsh to
a non-Unix box.

But the source code for zsh has been cleaned up considerable
in the last couple of years, so it might be possible.  But it
would be difficult.

rc

* Re: zsh on NT?
@ 1996-12-05 19:24 ` Tom Howland
From: Tom Howland @ 1996-12-05 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: julio; +Cc: zsh-users

    Julio> Hi, I think the answer to this is NO, but I'll ask anyway.
    Julio> Can I get zsh for NT?  I have MKS, but I really miss zsh
    Julio> when I use my NT system.  Any plans for it?

bash has been ported to nt. See

        http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/

anyone doing a port of zsh should probably start there.

However, I've given up and switched to a dos-centric shell and am quite
happy with the switch. See "4dos"

        http://www.jpsoft.com/

Tom Howland                     tom@rahul.net
http://www.rahul.net/tom/       donations gratefully accepted

* Re: zsh on NT?
@ 1996-12-06  3:26   ` TAMURA Kent
From: TAMURA Kent @ 1996-12-06  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

> clean).  As it stands, I haven't heard of anyone porting zsh to
> a non-Unix box.

  ONO Hideki <ono@tamaru.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp> ported zsh-2.5.03
to Human68k, which is DOS-like OS on SHARP X68000(personal
computer sold in Japan).
  I ported zsh-2.5.03 to OS/2.  This port was based on patches
for Human68k.  And I'm working to port zsh-3.0 to OS/2.

--
TAMURA Kent @ WASEDA Univ., Tokyo, Japan