zsh-users
* strange xterm/vi/arrow_key behavior
@ 1997-03-27 23:25 Andrew Wheeler
From: Andrew Wheeler @ 1997-03-27 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

greetings,

I've recently compiled zsh-3.1.0 on an HP C160 running HPUX 10.20.
I've used zsh for several years now, but I have run into a new problem
on this latest compile (actually 10.2).

I like the ability to use the arrow keys for command recall.  When
using an xterm, the arrow keys work fine; however, if I 'vi' in that
window and exit the arrow recall no longer works - I get a single
'A<cr>' for every up/down arrow keypress.  I get this behavior even if
the tty is frozen... any ideas on what vi is doing?

-- andrew

* Re: strange xterm/vi/arrow_key behavior
@ 1997-03-27 23:49 ` Zoltan T. Hidvegi
From: Zoltan T. Hidvegi @ 1997-03-27 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Wheeler; +Cc: zsh-users

Andrew Wheeler wrote:
> using an xterm, the arrow keys work fine; however, if I 'vi' in that
> window and exit the arrow recall no longer works - I get a single

The ti termcap sequence changes the escape sequence sent by the arrow keys
on some terminals.  Try echotc te, it may get your cursor keys working
again.  In that case echotc ti will have the same effect as vi, ie. the
arrow keys will stop working after echotc ti.  If that's the case, it is
really a vi bug, since vi should output the te sequence before exiting.

Zoltan