zsh-users
* Re: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating
@ 1997-12-03 18:11 Stephen Marley
From: Stephen Marley @ 1997-12-03 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

> From zsh-users-request@math.gatech.edu  Wed Dec  3 17:55:57 1997
> To: John Patoskie <johnp@answersoft.com>, zsh-users@math.gatech.edu
>
> On Dec 3,  8:16am, John Patoskie wrote:
> } Subject: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating
> }
> } I am also seeing this.
>
> It would help to know which operating system you're using (e.g. output of
> `uname -a`) and to have the output of `source zsh-3.0.5/Util/reporter`.
>
> --
> Bart Schaefer                                 Brass Lantern Enterprises
> http://www.well.com/user/barts              http://www.brasslantern.com

I reported this first but John's method of replicating the problem
doesn't work for me.

BTW. Since changing my invocation method to sleep after zsh terminates,
I still don't have time to read the message.

Perhaps, the problem is with the XFree86 xterm-53 I use rather than
the zsh.

--
Stephen

* Re: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating
@ 1997-12-03 19:36 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1997-12-03 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Marley, zsh-users

On Dec 3,  6:11pm, Stephen Marley wrote:
> Subject: Re: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating
>
> BTW. Since changing my invocation method to sleep after zsh terminates,
> I still don't have time to read the message.

The xterm disappears in spite of the sleep?

> Perhaps, the problem is with the XFree86 xterm-53 I use rather than
> the zsh.

That could be it.  Try this:

    xterm -e zsh -c "tty ; sleep 10000" &

This should give you an xterm showing the name of its tty device.  Assume
for purposes of this example that it's /dev/ttyp2.  Now run this:

    zsh -l < /dev/ttyp2 >& /dev/ttyp2

That may break a few things (such as "less") because /dev/tty might still
be the terminal from which you run "zsh -l", but everything else should be
OK.  Now you can try to get zsh to exit, and the error message ought to
show up in one terminal or the other.

"sleep 10000" is about 2 hours 45 minutes; you might need a bigger number.

* Re: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating
@ 1997-12-03 22:49   ` John Patoskie
From: John Patoskie @ 1997-12-03 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users, Bart Schaefer

Bart,

I ported zsh 3.0.5 to OpenNT 2.0.

Apparently configure did not find signal.h and set
zsh_cv_path_signal_h=/dev/null.

A rebuild fixed my problem.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

John

On Dec 3,  8:47am, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Subject: Re: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating
> On Dec 3,  8:16am, John Patoskie wrote:
> } Subject: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating
> }
> } I am also seeing this.
>
> It would help to know which operating system you're using (e.g. output of
> `uname -a`) and to have the output of `source zsh-3.0.5/Util/reporter`.
>
> --
> Bart Schaefer                                 Brass Lantern Enterprises
> http://www.well.com/user/barts              http://www.brasslantern.com
------ End Included Message ------

* Re: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating
@ 1997-12-03 16:47 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1997-12-03 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Patoskie, zsh-users

On Dec 3,  8:16am, John Patoskie wrote:
} Subject: zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly terminating
}

@ 1997-12-03 13:16 John Patoskie
From: John Patoskie @ 1997-12-03 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

I recently saw a post concerning zsh 3.0.5 unexpectedly
terminating.

I am also seeing this.

To reproduce:

# cat ~/.zshrc | more

 < Hit "q" for quit >

zsh terminates

If you type:

# more ~/.profile

 < Hit "q" >

everything works fine.

I am running a "clean" install of zsh 3.0.5.  I have not
applied any patches.

Regards,

John