zsh-users
* Re: 'remove slash' bug
       [not found]     ` <199806151634.MAA27418@luomat.peak.org>
@ 1998-06-15 18:28       ` Bart Schaefer
       [not found]         ` <19980615154050.42933@bleep.ishiboo.com>
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1998-06-15 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy J Luoma

On Jun 15, 12:34pm, Timothy J Luoma wrote:

> $ cd /usr/loca/bin
>
> left-arrow over to between the "c" and "a" in "loca" and hit tab -- NOTHING.
>
> left-arrow over to between the "a" and "/" in "loca/bin" and hit tab --
> completed to the end and cursor goes to the end of "/bin/"
>
> Shouldn't the cursor between the "c" and the "a" be enough?

It is if you have glob_complete set.  Without glob_complete, the stuff to
the right of the cursor has to match exactly.  (Think of completion as if
it inserted a "*" at the cursor and then expanded the word.  When you set
glob_complete, it also sticks a "*" at the end of the word and tries again.)

* Re: 'remove slash' bug
       [not found]         ` <19980615154050.42933@bleep.ishiboo.com>
@ 1998-06-15 22:03           ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1998-06-15 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer, Danny Dulai; +Cc: Timothy J Luoma

On Jun 15,  3:40pm, Danny Dulai wrote:
> Subject: Re: 'remove slash' bug
> Quoting Bart Schaefer (schaefer@brasslantern.com):
> > On Jun 15, 12:34pm, Timothy J Luoma wrote:
> > >
> > > $ cd /usr/loca/bin
> > >
> > > Shouldn't the cursor between the "c" and the "a" be enough?
> >
> > It is if you have glob_complete set.

I apologize; that statement is completely (ahem) wrong.  My only excuse
is that I don't use glob_complete myself and I didn't check my facts
because I was in a hurry today.  I hate being misleading; forgive me.

To try to make up for it ...

> cd /usr/loca/bin/
>
> If the cursor is on the /, after the loca, and i hit tab, it beeps and
> puts the cursor after the last /.
>
> In bash, this will complete the loca to local. Is there any way to achive
> this result in zsh?

This one, however, I can answer correctly:

setopt completeinword

> Also, if you move the cursor over the c in loca and hit tab in bash, it
> will give me two choices, local and lost+found. Any way to do this in
> zsh?

Re-bind the TAB key to expand-or-complete-prefix, rather than binding it
to expand-or-complete.