zsh-users
From: Peter Stephenson <pws@ibmth.df.unipi.it>
To: descarte@arcana.co.uk, zsh-users@math.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: Irix grief
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:02:26 +0100	[thread overview]

descarte@arcana.co.uk wrote:
> I've tried out zsh version 3.0.4, 3.1.2, 3.1.4 and 3.1.5. All behave similarl
> y.
> Anyone got any ideas? Anyone got any functional Irix binaries?

There are some clashes between zsh function names and library names
which seem to cause more problems on Irix than anywhere else.  I had
some patches for this for 3.1.5.  They are in zsh-workers messages
4477 and 4488 (search at http://www.zsh.org/mla).  If you want to fix
this yourself in some other version, it should be just a question of
replacing

refresh -> zrefresh
setterm -> zsetterm
beep -> zbeep  (not sure if this was necessary on Irix or just AIX)

everywhere in the code.  The version of 3.1.5 with that modified
worked fine, including with dynamically loaded libraries.  I'm not
quite sure why you should get this without zsh code divided into DLLs,
but it appears you do.

I had a few unrelated compilation problems in 3.1.4, something to do
with shell scripts or makefiles, but these are fixed in 3.1.5.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@ibmth.df.unipi.it>       Tel: +39 050 844536
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/