2010/8/17 Matthias Brandt > Hi, > > I'm just switching from bash to zsh and what i'm really confused about is > the autocompletition. Can i tell zsh *not* to complete the whole first menu > entry automatically? > > Something like this: > > $ ls > aaaabcdefg aabg aabcdefg > $ ls a #i want the cli only complete > $ ls aa #until the first ambigous character. > aaaabcdefg aabg aabcdefg #<- the menu will be shown > > > Any idea how to configure this? > > Thank you, > Matthias > I'm not sure I understand your problem, but try "unsetopt automenu".