[I'm using zsh 4.2.0, compiled under a recent cygwin, on WinXP SP1] Earlier in the week I was experiencing the following problem: Run `zsh -f' followed by: $ autoload -U compinit $ compinit -C $ ls c:/WIN => c:/WINDOWS/ $ ls c:/win => doesn't complete, as expected $ zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list 'm:{a-z}={A-Z}' $ ls c:/WIN => doesn't complete - is this a bug? $ ls c:/win => doesn't complete - is this a bug? It also no longer completes when using the cygdrive prefix: $ ls /cygdrive/c/WIN => doesn't complete, but it did before the zstyle command above. Note however, that it will now complete case-insensitively when completing relative paths: $ cd c:/ $ ls WIN => WINDOWS/ $ ls win => WINDOWS/ I've spent quite a while trying various things, and found this morning that the following will fix the problem: $ zstyle ':completion:*:paths' accept-exact true Now: $ ls /cygdrive/c/win => /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/ $ ls c:/win => c:/WINDOWS/ This is great, but can anyone explain what's going on? Thanks, John.