zsh-users
* Can't build 4.0.2 on Darwin1.3.7
@ 2001-08-28 19:10 Chris Gehlker
From: Chris Gehlker @ 2001-08-28 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZShell

Has anyone successfully built zsh 4.0.2 on Darwin? I'm hoping that someone
can look at the output below and point me in the direction of a fix.

Configure seems to work OK and make runs without warnings while it compiles
a lot of files. Then it gets to what looks like it may be trying to link and
does this:

rm -f zsh
cc  -s  -o zsh main.o  `cat stamp-modobjs`   -lm  -lc
/usr/bin/ld: can't use -s with input files containg indirect symbols (output
file must contain at least global symbols, for maximum stripping use -x)
make[1]: *** [zsh] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

I hope someone more knowledgeable than I can give me a clue.

--
Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye
level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain. -Henry

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-08-28 19:11 UTC | newest]