zsh-users
* RE: zsh for NT?
@ 1997-07-01 15:52 Amol Deshpande
From: Amol Deshpande @ 1997-07-01 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'borsenkow.msk@sni.de'; +Cc: zsh-users

dir or ls have nothing to do with the shell. You need to get these
utilities from wherever (www.itribe.net/virtunix )

Since it's a beta, it has bugs. If you report them, I'll try to fix the
bugs. There simply has not been enough
feedback. I am not a power user of zsh, so unless I get bug reports, the
port will continue to lack completeness.

As for 3.1,  I have no plans for it.

thanks,
-amol

> ----------

* Re: zsh for NT?
       [not found] ` <John.Cooper@digitivity.com>
@ 1997-07-01 13:11   ` John Patoskie
From: John Patoskie @ 1997-07-01 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: john.cooper, zsh-users

>From an old email...

Amol Deshpande <amold@MICROSOFT.com> recently ported zsh-3.0.2 to Win95/NT.
The port can be found on ftp.blarg.net:/users/amol/zsh/.  The port is quite
new and probably not very well tested.  I have no access to Win95/NT boxes
so I cannot test this port.  Amol used Microsoft Visual C++ for the port.

Zoltan

Regards,

John

P.S.  I successfully got Zsh 3.0.4 ported under OpenNT.

On Jul 1, 10:29am, John Cooper wrote:
> Subject: zsh for NT?
>
> Has anyone yet ported zsh to NT?  (bash is becoming tiresome!)
>
> Even a beta version would do...
>
> Thanks,
>
>     --- John
>
> [Please copy me on any replies - I'm not on the mailing list]
------ End Included Message ------

* Re: zsh for NT?
@ 1997-07-01 11:59   ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 1997-07-01 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Eskilsson; +Cc: john.cooper, zsh-users

@ 1997-07-01  9:44 ` Andy Eskilsson
       [not found] ` <John.Cooper@digitivity.com>
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1997-07-01  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: john.cooper; +Cc: zsh-users

/ "John Cooper" <John.Cooper@digitivity.com> wrote:
| Has anyone yet ported zsh to NT?  (bash is becoming tiresome!)

Yep, a guy at Micro$oft, named Amol Deshpande, a binary can be found
at ftp://ftp.blarg.net/users/amol/zsh. Seems to work quite good
really. Don't remember the version but I don't think it is the latest.

	/Andy

--
 Hi I am an alien .sig, and at the moment I am having sex to your
 mind, by looking at your smile I can see that you like it.

 Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
 See <http://www.fukt.hk-r.se/~flognat/mail/> for more info.

* zsh for NT?
@ 1997-07-01  9:29 John Cooper
       [not found] ` <John.Cooper@digitivity.com>