zsh-users
* zsh libs
@ 2006-06-30 12:40 Marc Chantreux
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Marc Chantreux @ 2006-06-30 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

hello,

Few days ago, Nikolai Weibull told us about autoload to deal with
namespaces. I'm trying to use this tips for my own libs.

I load my new lib with autoload -U but when i execute the function for
the first time, it wasn't executed.

does anyone knows why ?

> fpath+=$PWD
> cat ldap/new
#autoload ldap/read ldap/write ldap/new

ldap/new  ()  { print "new ..."  }
ldap/read  () { print "reading ..."  }
ldap/write () { print "writting ..." }

> autoload -U !$
autoload -U ldap/new
> ldap/new
> ldap/new
new ...
> autoload -U ldap/write
> ldap/write
writting ...

regards,

--
téléphone : 03.90.24.00.19
courriel  : marc.chantreux@ulpmm.u-strasbg.fr

* Re: zsh libs
@ 2006-06-30 12:56 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2006-06-30 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

Marc Chantreux wrote:
> hello,
>
> Few days ago, Nikolai Weibull told us about autoload to deal with
> namespaces. I'm trying to use this tips for my own libs.
>
> I load my new lib with autoload -U but when i execute the function for
> the first time, it wasn't executed.
>
> does anyone knows why ?
>

> > fpath+=$PWD
> > cat ldap/new
> #autoload ldap/read ldap/write ldap/new
>
> ldap/new  ()  { print "new ..."  }
> ldap/read  () { print "reading ..."  }
> ldap/write () { print "writting ..." }

In zsh's standard form of autoload the file contains just the function
body, so that all that happens when it's first executed is that the
functions contained inside are defined.  This is different from other
shells.

However, it's simple to convert the file you've got:  just add

  ldap/new "$@"

to the end of the file.

* Re: zsh libs
@ 2006-06-30 16:27   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2006-06-30 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

On Jun 30,  1:56pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} However, it's simple to convert the file you've got:  just add
}
}   ldap/new "$@"
}
} to the end of the file.

Or use

	autload -Uk ldap/new

for ksh-style autoloading.

* Prompt truncating...
@ 2006-06-30 18:22 ` Timothy Stone
From: Timothy Stone @ 2006-06-30 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

* Prompt truncating...
@ 2006-06-30 19:22 ` Timothy Stone
From: Timothy Stone @ 2006-06-30 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

--
Timothy Stone   |    www dot petmystone dot com
Rising Sun, MD  |  tstone at petmystone dot com

"This Satan's drink [coffee] is so delicious...
  we shall cheat Satan by baptizing it."
  Pope Clement VIII (1592-1605)

* Re: Prompt truncating... [CLOSED]
@ 2006-06-30 20:13   ` Timothy Stone