Hello, I have a problem, can you help me? I would like to substitute the last match of a pattern during parameters expansion… The string aXbXc should become aXbYc; I have not found a direct and general way of doing it, but there are some solutions… The problem is that they are cumbersome: ${str%X*}Y${str##*X} is too convoluted for such a simple operation in my opinion, no? Hard-coding a number like in ${(I:2:)str/X/Y} is usually not a good idea, don’t you agree? Other possibilities have similar down sides. So is there an easier way to get the desired result or should it be added to the software and how complicated would be to change it? I would suggest a new flag like % or $ for it. I wonder if the syntax ${(%)str/X/Y} is going to conflict with other functionalities of ZSH… Obviously adding negative indexes support to the I flag would be very good but verbose for the most common use case of that, right? What do you think about this whole matter? What should I learn to find out how to do it? Your thoughts on the topic are appreciated… Michele Venturi about.me/dardo82