On Mon, Sep 12, 2022, 08:01, Lawrence Velázquez, , wrote: On Mon, Sep 12, 2022, 12:20, Michele Venturi, , wrote: > > Hello, I have a problem, can you help me? > > I would like to substitute the last match of > > a pattern during the parameters expansion: > > the string aXbXc should become aXbYc; > > I have not found a direct and general way > > of doing it, but there are some solutions… > > > I would suggest a new flag like % or $ for it. > > I wonder if the syntax ${(%)str/X/Y} is going > > to conflict with other functionalities of ZSH… > > But there is already a '%' flag... This doesn't merits a new one. > What merits a new one then? > Adding negative indexes support to the 'I' flag > would be very good but verbose in my opinion. > > Extending the 'I' flag in this way would be ideal. > How do you extend the I flag? -- https://about.me/dardo82