2011/9/15 Frank Terbeck > Julien Nicoulaud wrote: > > It seems by default Git repos have precedence over Hg repos. You can > force > > the order this way: > > > > zstyle ':vcs_info:*' enable hg bzr svn git > > > > > > I works fine for me (full setup here: > > https://gitorious.org/prso/dotfiles/blobs/master/zsh/conf.d/07_Prompt.sh > ). > > > > May be it would be better if vcs_info automatically picked the inner repo > ? > > This is not possible. > > The detections are run sequentially and not in parallel. And with git > for example, you just ask whether you're in a git-working-directory and > git tells you - you don't traverse the directory tree yourself. So there > is no simple way to do this. > Maybe we could add a disable-repo-patterns style, matching the repo root directory instead of the working directory ? vcs_info is able to use the relative path in the repo in formats (%S), so one would think it "knows" about the repo root directory ? > > I'm also really not a big fan of ~ in git. Because, you probably don't > track everything and use a lot of ignores. And then "git clean -xdf" is > the new "rm -Rf /"... > Actually, I have a ~/.gitignore with *. When I want to add a file, I just force it. I have been using this for years, not accident so far... > Regards, Frank >