zsh-users
* Start a clean zsh shell
@ 2013-12-02 21:24 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2013-12-02 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi
Is there a way to start zsh without any config apart from hiding the
.zshrc?

zzapper

https://twitter.com/dailyzshtip

---

* Re: Start a clean zsh shell
@ 2013-12-02 22:02 ` TJ Luoma
From: TJ Luoma @ 2013-12-02 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zzapper; +Cc: Zsh-Users List

That somewhat depends on what you mean by "start"… you can run 'zsh
-f' to start zsh without reading the config files… but if you do that
from an existing zsh I think (read: assume) it probably inherits a lot
of the environmental variables.

When I need/want to do this on a Mac, I generally launch Terminal.app
(instead of my usual iTerm) because Terminal.app is set to launch
/bin/bash instead of /bin/zsh as my login shell (and I don't have any
customizations in my ~/.bashrc).

>From there I do 'exec /bin/zsh -f'

That suits my purposes, but I'm not sure if it would suits yours.

TjL

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 4:24 PM, zzapper <david@rayninfo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
> Is there a way to start zsh without any config apart from hiding the
> .zshrc?
>
> zzapper
>
> https://twitter.com/dailyzshtip
>
> ---