If I wasn't testing things in .zshenv, I wouldn't have known anything about this. Another reason to watch what goes into startup files, especially .zshenv. Feels like I'm watching "Catch 22". On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 8:22 PM Bart Schaefer wrote: > Now, why it's running lesspipe with "/bin/zsh -c" instead of with > /bin/sh or at least "/bin/zsh -fc" I don't know. The doc for "less" > doesn't mention using $SHELL for this case. > I wonder if the folks maintaining less would even consider this an issue? Oh well. At least I know what is going on, and what I shouldn't do in .zshenv since I doubt I will stop using less. Makes me wonder if less is the only command that does something like this. Thanks for the info. Learned my something new for the day. Jim Murphy