It's not intelligent deciding filetype by suffix only, I'd like to write functions to open flles using 'file --mime-type' Thanks all 2013/9/2 Peter Stephenson > Bart Schaefer wrote: > > On Aug 30, 9:29am, Peter Stephenson wrote: > > } > > } Hmm... the zsh-mime-setup script is smart enough to get this right if > > } you specify pdf.bk in ~/.mime.types, e.g. > > } > > } application/pdf pdf pdf.bk > > } > > } but unfortunately the main shell isn't: given the suffix alias pdf.bk, > > } it only looks for the .bk suffix, so the MIME handler isn't started. > > > > The documentation would imply that it is therefore sufficient to put the > > pdf.pk rule in ~/.mime.types, run zsh-mime-setup, and then add > > > > alias -s bk=zsh-mime-handler > > That should work, too, since zsh-mime-handler doesn't care how it gets > started, only the file name passed to it; what won't work is leaving it > to zsh-mime-setup which will only add the alias for pdf.bk. > > I guess alternatively we could make it add a suffix alias for bk if > there isn't one. > > pws >