Is there a built-in way to repeat an argument N times? Brace expansion is something I fall back on too much, so I've gotten in the habit of using it for small values of N, e.g. with a script I use to test uploading files to a web app: upload-files file1{,,} file2{,}{,,,,} file3{,,,} uploads 3 copies of file1, 10 copies of file2, and 4 copies of file3. It'd be nice if I could write (something like): upload-files file1(N3) file2(N10) file3(N4) Today I found myself writing: upload-files file1{,}{,,,,}{,}{,,,,} And while it's nice to know I can factor 100, it'd be nicer to just write it. -- Best, Ben