On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Apr 13, 1:00pm, Jesper Nygards wrote: > } > } zstyle ':completion:*' list-colors ${(s.:.)LS_COLORS} > } zstyle ':completion:*' show-ambiguity $color[bg-red] > } > } I only get EITHER the file type coloring or the ambiguity indication, > } depending on the order of those two lines. > > It shouldn't depend on the order of the lines. I think if you look more > closely, you'll find that you get show-ambiguity any time there *is* an > ambiguity, and list-colors the rest of the time. > > I see. Bad testing on my part. > } In an ideal world, I would like to have the file type coloring, AND then > } something that indicates where the ambiguity starts, but this is perhaps > } not possible to achieve? > > It's not currently possible because show-ambiguity is a trick done in > shell script code that sits on top of list-colors which is done in the > underlying C code. > > There's a bit of side discussion on zsh-workers about this right now, but > nobody immediately available to make changes to the zsh/complist module. > OK. Too bad. Both are really nice, but I guess I'll have to choose then.