zsh-users
* tab completion sort by modification time
@ 2015-01-10 19:33 kamaraju kusumanchi
From: kamaraju kusumanchi @ 2015-01-10 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi all,

Long time bash user here. Looking to see if zsh can solve my
particular problem. If it does, I'd like to switch to it.

Say  a directory contains a lot of files and say I am only interested
in the files that were recently edited/created. When doing a tab
completion inside this directory, I would like the files to be listed
in the order of modification time (similar to ls -rt). This way the
latest files show up at the end and I can easily copy/paste their
names using mouse onto the command line.

Is zsh tab completion system comprehensive enough to do something like this?

FWIW, this feature is not present in bash at the moment -
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2014-12/msg00161.html . So
I am looking for alternatives.

thanks
raju