On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Ray Andrews wrote: > On 08/28/2015 12:43 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote: > > Bart, > > Got around to the spaces in filenames thing: > >> >> If you insist on storing it all on one line, then you need to quote the >> spaces on the way out: >> >> echo -n " ${(q)PWD}" >>! ~/.mydirstack; >> >> I've got it all more or less working except I can't figure out how to > write the array--with newlines now, not with spaces--back to the file. > Everything I try ends up on one line, which is now not what I want anymore. > See the "F" flag in the "Parameter Expansion Flags" of the "man zshparam" page: Join the words of arrays together using newline as a separator. This is a shorthand for `pj:\n:'. For example: $ set -A x a b c $ echo $x a b c $ echo ${(F)x} a b c -- Kurtis Rader Caretaker of the exceptional canines Junior and Hank